The Victorian Climate Change Grants 2015 are designed to assist local government to deal with the most vulnerable local sectors in adapting to climate change.
The grants will also help drive local climate change action including reducing greenhouse gas emissions and making effective and innovative decisions on how to increase resilience of services and assets.
The Victorian Climate Change Grants 2015 total $1.15 million and consist of a competitive round of grants of $20,000 to $80,000 open to all councils and a non-competitive round of grants of up to $10,000 aimed at resource-constrained councils.
Recipients of the Victorian Climate Change Grants 2015 have been announced. In all, 45-council driven projects have received a grant.
Some of the examples of projects supported by these grants include:
- Moreland Shire Council's Working together to cool communities project to minimise the Urban Heat Island Effect;
- City of Greater Geelong's Shellfish reefs for shoreline protection of highlight erodible coasts project to mitigate storm tide impacts;
- East Gippsland Shire Council's East Gippsland Renewable Energy Feasibility with Innovative Options project to investigate innovative scenarios and technologies for renewable energy use;
- Towong Shire Council's Banking on our solar future – innovation for resilient technologies project to deliver a demonstration solar bank;
- Hepburn Shire Council's Climate Resilient Recreation Facilities project to develop strategies that minimise climate change impacts on council's recreation facilities; and
- Campaspe Shire Council's Community Clubs Combat Climate Change project to protect community recreation reserves from climate change impacts.
For more information please refer to the FAQs or contact DELWP at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 136 186.
Victorian Climate Change Grants 2015 - Competitive Grant Recipients [PDF File - 285.5 KB]
Victorian Climate Change Grants 2015 - Competitive Grant Recipients (Accessible version) [MS Word Document - 64.9 KB]
Victorian Climate Change Grants 2015 Non - Competitive Grant Recipients [PDF File - 237.9 KB]
Victorian Climate Change Grants 2015 Non - Competitive Grant Recipients (Accessible version) [MS Word Document - 72.4 KB]
Guidelines [PDF File - 1019.7 KB]
Guidelines (accessible version) [MS Word Document - 177.8 KB]
Asked Questions [PDF File - 519.1 KB]
Asked Questions (accessible version) [MS Word Document - 91.8 KB]
For the in-kind calculator please download the following file: http://www.delwp.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/excel_doc/0014/321350/Inkind-template.xls