Who can apply?
To be eligible for the 2023 Science and Planning graduate program, you must:
- have completed your undergraduate degree between January 2018 and January 2023
- be an Australian / New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident
- not have taken voluntary redundancy from the Victorian public sector in the 3 years up to the program start date of January 2023
Information for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates
We recognise the significant responsibility the Department has as a land and natural resource manager to support self-determination and create opportunities for Traditional Owners to care for Country and provide opportunities to Enhance First Peoples’ connection to Country. We are committed to creating a culturally safe environment, where individuals feel safe, valued and able to enable their culture, spiritual and belief systems.
We are growing DELWP’s Aboriginal employment to 3% of our workforce. Our Aboriginal Employment Plan sets out how we will do this while achieving lasting change and sustainable jobs for Aboriginal people.
In response to our ongoing commitments and employment strategies, we highly recommend that Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander graduates apply.
For general information about Aboriginal Employment at DELWP please contact the Aboriginal Employment and Cultural Strategy Unit
Information for candidates with disability
We want applicants with disability to have an equitable experience.
You can request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process. Each request will be considered on an individual basis. Some examples of adjustments include:
- materials in a larger font
- time to consider the questions in advance of the interview
- more time to complete the individual written activity
- longer break times between activities at the assessment centre
When you apply, tell us your preferred method of communication so that we can get in contact with you throughout the recruitment process.
If you get into the program, we will check in with you to see what support you need so you can perform at your best. This may include access to workplace adjustments, flexible work and connecting you to a colleague or peer with disability.
Page last updated: 24/06/22