Emergency management is a shared responsibility and a priority for the Victorian government.
We work with
- Country Fire Authority
- State Emergency Service
- Metropolitan Fire Brigade
- Parks Victoria
- Emergency Management Victoria
and other emergency management partners to help prepare for, respond to and recover from emergency events.
These include responding to
- bushfires in forests and parks
- wildlife affected by fire
- dam safety
- water supply and wastewater incidents
- marine pest incursions
- stranded or entangled whales and dolphins.
Under the Emergency Management Act 2013, we work together towards a shared vision for safer and more resilient communities, wildlife and flora.
Page last updated: 29/09/20