How to discover and order your map
This method selects and accesses 1:30 000 A3, A4 and 1:25 000, 1:50 000 and 1:100 000 A0 map sheets.
- Go to Vicmap Topo Maps Online
- Click on 'Discover your map'.
- Search by selecting a known starting location or park or known Map sheet number & click 'Show Index Map'
- Select your area of interest by using either or icons. If the area of interest over runs two maps, use to identify the adjoining map sheets.
- Click on to view and label the map sheet number
- Once your map sheets have been selected and saved, enter your name and save page, & proceed to payment
- Be sure to enter all details correctly and keep a record of your order number
- Click on 'Get Order'to retrieve maps in pdf format
- Use the 'Hints' button if you require help viewing the pdf. It is important that you download and save the maps before exiting the window.
This method creates and accesses customised A3 and A4 maps
- Follow Steps (1), (2), (3) and (4) as above in Method 1
- With a customised map, you are able to select the size of the map. You can choose between 1:30 000
- A4 Landscape
- A4 Portrait
- A3 Portrait
- A3 Landscape
- Note: The maps are defaulted to A4 Portrait in Method 1
- If a mistake has been made, click on the 'clear' to reset and restart the selection process
- Proceed to Step (5) from Method 1
- Have fun with your maps!
We produce the popular Vicmap topographic maps which can be used for recreation, emergency response and land management.
- Over 290 mapsheets across Victoria
- 1:50 000 state wide,
- Specials at 1:25 000, 1:50 000 and 1:100 000 over select areas
- Updated every four to six years
The following is a list of selected map stockists who stock, distribute and sell Vicmap Topographic Hardcopy Maps.
For an example of the types of information depicted in the various Vicmap Topographic Mapping products, view these samples.
- Urban area 1:30 000 (PDF, 2.2 MB)
- Rural area 1:30 000 (PDF, 965.5 KB)
- Mountainous area 1:30 000 (PDF, 1005.4 KB)
- Typical town at 1:25 000
- Typical town at 1:50 000
- Typical town at 1:100 000
The 1:30 000 samples are GeoPDFs and can be downloaded onto your smartphone or tablet for use with Vicmap Viewer or other appropriate apps.
Problems with your order
You can search for an order you have paid for
Please note, due to current restrictions, hardcopy topographic maps are temporarily unavailable.
Page last updated: 06/08/20