General enquiries and feedback

By phone

Call 136 186 from anywhere in Australia, Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. Costs may vary - mobiles and public telephones may incur additional costs

If you are deaf, or have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service on 133 677 or visit

  • VicEmergency Hotline: 1800 226 226
  • Bushfire Recovery Victoria: 1800 560 760
  • Solar Victoria:  1300 376 393
Translating and Interpreting Service

If you need assistance, please contact Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) for help with translating and interpreting. Contact TIS National on 131 450 (within Australia) or visit


Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).

By post

PO Box 500
East Melbourne VIC 8002

Property and land titles postal address:

GPO Box 527
Melbourne VIC 3000


Our commitment

An effective complaint handling process contributes to responsive service delivery and leads to better outcomes for our clients.

We encourage anyone who is not satisfied with a decision, action or service provided by the department to raise their matter with the relevant area of the department making the decision before lodging a general complaint.  This may facilitate a faster resolution.

Complaints may be lodged about:

  • The standard of service provided by a DELWP Authorised Officer
  • Breaches of Information Privacy
  • Correcting information about you held by DELWP
  • Serious Improper Conduct under the Protected Disclosure Act 2012
  • General complaints about the actions or inaction of the department or its officers.

The following will not be treated as a complaint under this process:

  • A request for a service
  • A request for information
  • A request for a review or appeal under legislation (where a formal review process already exists it must be followed)

If you have a general complaint about the way a DELWP employee provided a service, or concern about the actions or inaction of the department or its staff you can contact our Customer Service Centre by phone on 136 186, TTY 1800 122 969 or by completing the online form above.

You may also forward your complaint in writing to:

DELWP Complaints, Legal Services Division

PO Box 500
East Melbourne 8002

DELWP Authorised Officers wear uniforms and are authorised under specific legislation to write infringement notices that carry penalties for not complying with the law.  Examples are: Wildlife Officers, and Forest Officers.

If you have a complaint about the way a DELWP Authorised Officer interacted with you, you can lodge a complaint by completing the form below and returning to

DELWP Complaints, Legal Services Division

PO Box 500

East Melbourne 8002

or via email to:

Authorised Officer Complaint form

If you believe DELWP or a service provider of DELWP has breached your information privacy by not complying with the Information Privacy Principles of the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014; you can lodge a complaint by completing a privacy complaint form and returning to:

DELWP Complaints, Senior Privacy Advisor

PO Box 500
East Melbourne 8002

Privacy complaint form (PDF, 192.3 KB)
Privacy complaint form (accessible version) (DOCX, 307.5 KB)

In accordance with section 39 of the Freedom of Information Act 1982, if DELWP holds a document containing information relating to your personal affairs that you believe to be inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, or where it would give a misleading impression, you are entitled to request the correction or amendment of that information.

For information about Freedom of Information requests, telephone (03) 7022 6530 or email

If you believe you have evidence of serious improper conduct or corruption by an employee of DELWP and you wish to make a Public Interest Disclosure, refer to the Public Interest Disclosure page.

You may also contact the Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission (IBAC) directly to make a disclosure.

A Public Interest Disclosure under the Public Disclosures Act 2012 receives protection from reprisal, the assurance of confidentiality and appropriate assistance in making the disclosure.

To lodge a complaint regarding an aspect of the DELWP procurement process, write to:

Chief Procurement Officer (CPO)
8 Nicholson St, East Melbourne, Vic. 3002

Or email the CPO at

Complaints will be managed in a consistent, fair and transparent manner in accordance with the process outlined in the framework.

Procurement Complaints Management Framework (PDF, 245.9 KB)
Procurement Complaints Management Framework (DOCX, 103.1 KB)

Page last updated: 19/02/21